This easy vegan trail mix is a simple snack that can be packed and ready to go in minutes. Using vegan Unreal Chocolate Gems (think peanut M&M's), this snack is perfect for on-the-go snacking, hiking, get-togethers, parties, and kid lunchboxes!
Snacking on the go can be a challenge, especially if you're trying to eat healthy. That's where this easy vegan trail mix comes in.
I wanted to share this super simple snack because I love these Unreal Chocolate Gems (think peanut M&M's). They are so good I had to share, so why not share them in an easy trail mix recipe?
What is Trail Mix?
Trail mix combines nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and sometimes chocolate or other sweet treats like dried bananas. It's a popular snack among hikers and outdoor enthusiasts because it's lightweight, portable, and provides a quick energy boost.
What Are UNREAL Chocolate Gems?
UNREAL chocolate gems redefine the chocolate indulgence experience with their vegan, non-GMO ingredients and less sugar content.
Encased in vibrant, plant-based shells, these gems are perfect for your chocolate cravings. They have a satisfying essence of real cocoa, but you'll feel no regrets.
Tailor-made for the palate that leans towards health without skimping on flavor, these gems are the savvy snacker's green light to chocolate.
Is Trail Mix a Healthy Snack?
Trail mix is a healthy snack because it contains nutrients your body needs. Nuts and seeds are high in protein, healthy fats, and fiber, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Dried fruits are a great source of antioxidants and other important nutrients and can satisfy your sweet tooth without added sugar.
Here is what you'll need to create a delicious vegan trail mix ready in minutes. See below for ways to customize your trail mix.
Tips for Customizing Your Vegan Trail Mix
One of the great things about this mix is that it can be customized to your taste preferences. Here are some tips for customizing your plant-based snack:
- Use your favorite nuts and seeds. If you don't like almonds, try using cashews or peanuts instead.
- Add some spice. Try adding a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, or cayenne pepper to give your mix a little kick.
- Swap out the dried fruit. If you do not like raisins, try using dried cranberries, apricots, or figs instead.
- Skip the chocolate if you're trying to cut back on sugar. Opt for only using unsweetened toasted coconut flakes or banana chips instead.
- Below are some delicious vegan options for chocolate sold in most supermarkets:
How To Store Your Easy Trail Mix
To ensure that your snack stays fresh and delicious, it's important to store it properly. Here are some tips for storing your easy trail mix:
- Store your mix in an airtight container. This will help prevent moisture from getting in and causing the nuts and fruit to become stale.
- Keep your snack in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing your mix in direct sunlight or a warm area, as this can cause the chocolate to melt and the nuts and fruit to spoil.
- Portion out your mix into snack bags. This is a great way to ensure you're not overeating and can help make your snacks more portable.
Easy trail mix is a healthy, delicious, customizable snack you can take anywhere. You can make your easy plant-based snack in just a few minutes by following the simple steps. Whether you're hiking, traveling, or need a quick snack, trail mix is a great choice to provide you with the energy and nutrients your body needs.Print
- ½ cup almonds, slivered
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup sunflower kernels, roasted or raw
- ¼ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- ¼ cup coconut shreds
- ½ cup UNREAL chocolate gems
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Divide and pack in individual bags and enjoy! See notes if roasting.
I love the nuts raw. However, you can roast the nuts to bring out their natural oils and intensify their flavor.
If roasting the nuts: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread the nuts and seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast the nuts and seeds for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly toasted. Once the nuts and seeds are cool, mix them together with the dried fruit and chocolate chips (if using)also extends the shelf life by removing any excess moisture, making them a great snack for long hikes.
Nutritional information is only an estimate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: snack
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 6
- Fat: 33
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 12
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: nuts and seed mix, vegan chocolate